Monday, March 25, 2019

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

New rooms, new linens, efficient and helpful staff, good breakfast buffet, free parking space.



A last-minute plan to go to Baler on March 23, 2019 left us with a very few choices for accommodations. Since I know Baler a little, I have some idea where a specific resort or eatery is. I messaged around 10 properties and all of them actually replied (Pro tip: look them up on Facebook and message them via messenger, they reply faster than trying to message them via their websites), some faster than the others. I had to consider the location, first of all, the the T&B, and so on. But since my partner is a lazy traveler, she just went to Agoda and browsed for 2 hotels and asked me which one was better and clicked "BOOK", all in the 5 minutes that she was "searching" for a room -- more like "glanced".

I told her it's where The Hungry Surfer is. That it's a bungalow-type lodging with the beach vibe going on.

Borrowed this from their Facebook Page - The old beach front
She did not understand what I was saying and just told me she thought I was talking about a different hotel because, whoah, the Bay's Inn I knew had renovated!

Don't mind the cement drips. Inside it's pretty!

Soft Opening of the Restaurant



Floor corridors for 2F, 3F, 4F all leading to different endings

I have never stayed in Bay's Inn before, but if it's part of the renovation, the staff did really good.

When I walked in the reception area, everyone (there's probably 4 people) behind the desk stood up and greeted me -- I hope they keep it up forever! The two security guards -- one helped us with our stuff, the other one took us to the parking lot with a shuttle -- were also very attentive, like waiting for anything we would need.

The parking though -- is about 500 meters. But it's free and there's a free shuttle back to the hotel.

The staff are all attentive to your needs -- dial 0 for anything and you get someone by your door to attend to you in about 5 minutes!

We requested for in-room massage twice, and wait time is about 30 minutes. The massage was good too! Ask for Ate Janet. Massage is Php 500/hour.

There is a pool but it was not yet done so we were not allowed to take a dip.

Pool view from the 3rd Floor

The room rate of almost Php 4,000.00 included breakfast for two. We did not know that it was a buffet breakfast but the night before, I requested for "vegetarian" and they served me with this steamed veggies. I did not feel bad because I'm used to not having a lot of food choices, and this stir-fried (but really seamed steamed) veggies tasted fresh.




Now this is the best part, I have an 8'2" surfboard with me. And since our room was at the 3rd floor, we could actually leave the board at the "guard house". And Ednalyn, a staff, pointed me to where I could get my board ding repaired. The brand new surfboard was mishandled by Cebu Pacific (I will write a full story about it -- including my complaint and their response.) But to end this with a positive note, Byron of Lotus Handshapes helped me out for free!

Now it was at its soft opening so most stuff were new so they get a five star, the photos online are of course great too. Cleanliness and location, both five stars too! But the attitude of the staff really sold it for me to go back.

Extra:

Just wanted to have these photos taken in their very new, not even functional yet, function room! :)


I would love to hear from you!

romarampa's travel and leisure stories . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates